My Professional Mission Statement
I capture human passions in an authentic and remarkable manner and enable their actionable sharing in order to inform, entertain and inspire people.
What I believe
- Storytelling is a primal, communal, powerful connecting and unifying force
- The story behind a thing, when told in a compelling, emotionally connected and passionate way, is as interesting (if not more interesting) than the thing itself.
- The internet is the most efficient global tool for sharing stories ever devised
- Interactions based on authenticity, humility, grace and humor are the most valuable, both professionally and personally
- A balanced, well-produced collection of passionate, personal anecdotes is a highly effective method of creating an emotional connection between an end user and any product or experience.
Things I’ve Done
- Been a defendant on behalf of the ACLU in an internet censorship case (1998) 
- Been involved in a peer-counseling website featured on the front page of the New York Times  (1995)
- Launched the first staff-authored blog of a major label  (now defunct…go figure)
What I Do All Day:
I am DEEPER CONTEXT .
At WaggEd, I did things like:
• Strategic Communications Consultation. I help clients adjust the way their stories are told to maximize their impact and build communities, including Twitter and Facebook community analysis, and real-time content capturing for retail establishments.
• Social Media Footprint Analysis. I look at what clients are doing to tell their stories and listen to their advocates and interested parties via social networks to make sure the right people connect with them, and then make recommendations as to how they could improve.
• Trend Watching. I help to keep our practices current on the latest thinking going on around their focus in the digital space.
• Content Strategizing. I help to identify the most compelling way for our clients to capture the interesting things about them and people who interact with them
I’ve helped to develop:
• Social Influence Systems. A proprietary modular system for organizations to monitor, engage and connect via social tools, featured on Mashable.com and blogtalkradio http://waggeneredstrom.com/nozombies 
Before this foray into the world of corporate PR, I was a veteran of the online side of the music industry working at several labels:
- TVT Records. I started my music career in 1999, launching campaigns for artists such as Lil’ Jon, Sevendust and Ambulance LTD.
- Sony Music. I moved to Sony Music in 2004 and helped launch MySpace’s Music property in conjunction with rock band Midtown, as well as running campaigns for Crossfade, John Legend and Anna Nalick.
- SONY BMG Masterworks. After the merger of Sony and BMG, After the SONY/BMG merger, I moved over to lead the online department for their Classical, film score and Broadway division. While I was there, I worked on campaigns for projects as diverse as Yo-Yo Ma , Joshua Bell, Star Wars, Phantom of the Opera and A Chorus Line. I did this until June of 2009, when I left the music industry (read about why here ).
Podcasts I’ve Produced:
While at Sony, I honed my storytelling skills by conceptualizing and producing over 300 original podcast episodes for their Catalog, Classical and Broadway group. All of the series are free, and include:
- The Legacy Podcasts , encompassing series from some of the most legendary names in music, including Elvis Presley, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan, Carole King, The Clash, Gloria Estefan, Johnny Cash, Sly Stone and Tony Bennett
- Thrillercast , a year-long event dedicated to Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”, the best selling album of all time. This series features (among others) Daryl “DMC” McDaniels, Nick Cannon, Imogen Heap, Adam Curry, Nelson George, Chris Botti, Kirk Franklin and Katharine McPhee
- The Story So Far , a 30-episode extravaganza detailing the storied career of one Stephen Sondheim
- The Billy Joel Podcast , celebrating the 30th anniversary of “The Stranger,” and featuring Gavin DeGraw, Diane Warren, Duncan Sheik, Jimmy Webb and Sting.
- The Sarah McLachlan Podcast , celebrating the 15th anniversary of “Fumbling Towards Ecstasy” and featuring Alan Light, Daryl “DMC” McDaniels, Bill Leeb, Lisa Loeb and more.
- The Derek Trucks Band Podcast. A really fun one, we recorded the guys as they were about to go out on tour to support Already Free. Currently down due to label issues.
- Masterworks Broadway Podcast Theatre , a broadway-focused podcast including new interviews with the casts of Avenue Q, Grease, A Chorus Line, South Pacific, Chicago and discussions with Broadway legends Angela Lansbury, Bernadette Peters, Chita Rivera, Barbara Cook and Betty Buckley
- The Music of Masterworks , a classical-focused podcast including episodes about Stravinsky’s 125 birthday, a talk with pianist Leon Fleisher, new interviews with Joshua Bell and The 5 Browns, and a focus on upcoming titles from Sony Classical and RCA Red Seal
- An Intimate Tour Through The Music Of Yo-Yo Ma , a series focused on the legendary cellist, as he takes us through his career, collaborators and The Silk Road Project.
About Me Personally:
- I was born and raised in NYC, went to PS 11  for elementary school, Manhattan East  for junior high, and a combination of Bronx Science  and Urban Academy  for high school.
- Both my parents (Laura  and Charles ) are fantastic artists. Check out their sites.
- I’m currently a resident of Astoria, where I live with my super-amazing girlfriend Kate .
- My Resume  is available online. My professional reputation is managed via LinkedIn .